Go.

The name's Emily Catherine, and this is my road to Rosen.

Rosen College of Hospitality Management, that is.

Sometimes when your life is rapidly approaching twenty-one, you find yourself with decisions to be made. I'm a senior now. Where do I go from here? While Graduation and the month of May seem to be a long time from the September I find myself in, something tells me it's time to think a little differently. I remember when 2012 seemed miles and millenniums away three (and change) years ago when I started as a freshman at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC. In 2008, I couldn't even dream of graduation and "the real world" everyone seemed so keen on warning me of. However, since then it's been a busy three years - an internship with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, moving to Greece to finish college with the University of Maryland - University College, and getting engaged - and I think I'm ready for this next chapter.

Grad School.

The two most terrifying words for any college senior. Admissions all over again. Standardized testing all over again. Do I have to be a freshman again too? I'm staring at a blank word document, trying to fill a page with the highlights of my life. What are the highlights of my life? What can I bring to the table that is fresh, innovative, and creative? At least I know I can do it all with a smile - now I just have to figure out how to get there.

Ladies and gentleman, we are going on a journey. A journey through Grad School admissions. A road to Rosen. The Hospitality and Tourism industry is my life, and I plan on using this blog to not only document the admissions process, but to really give you the essence of what it is to study your vacation. I'll give you tips and tricks that I've learned along the way, and keep you up to date with all the happenings in the industry. The only way to get in is to pour my heart and soul into doing what makes me happy - which just so happens to be making "you" happy - and to show them that I've got what it takes.

Let's go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment